What are the Target Groups for EMTCT Services?
- Youth and adolescents
- All pregnant women
- Lactating mothers
- Male partners of women and their families
What can you do to Stay Healthy?
- Take your medicine everyday and on time
- Eat balance diets every day (especially Liberia local food)
- Treat all STIs conditions
- Visitation to Hospital
What are the Eligibility Criteria for EMTCT Services?
Health facilities providing EMTCT services shall have the following:
- Appropriate and adequate ANC services
- Trained service providers, essential laboratory services or ability to perform HIV rapid tests
- Follow standard drug and supplies management systems
What are the four strategies to prevent transmission of HIV from mother to child?
- Primary prevention of HIV infection in adults and adolescents
- Prevention of unintended pregnancies among HIV positive women
- Preventing transmission of HIV from infected women to their children
- Care, treatment, and support for HIV-infected women and their children
To learn more information about these strategies, see the Prevention, Care and Treatment of HIV and AIDS document in the Treatment, Care, and Support section.